Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Sacramento family of peanut allergy victim reach settlement
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —The Sacramento family of a 13-year-old girl who died after eating a snack with peanut butter in it at Camp Sacramento three years ago reached a multi-million-dollar settlement with the city of Sacramento. RELATED Tim McGraw, Faith Hill bring concert... CA sex offenders won't have to post... Official: California water... Sac officers likely won't be charged... CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Thieves rob... The settlement was announced Tuesday evening by attorneys of Natalie Giorgi’s family. Natalie died in July 2013 after eating a Rice Krispie treat with a frosting that contained peanut butter while at Camp Sacramento in El Dorado County. She was allergic to peanuts, which was documented with the camp that is owned by the city of Sacramento. Her parents said Natalie didn't realize the peanuts were in the treat.